Funny Business, is a light hearted look at some very serious issues that your business or organization have to address.
Website: http://sites.google.com/site/thestephenjamescomedytroupe/

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spotlight on Raspberries Rhythm Cafe & Bar

The DJ is playing some “Cool” jazz from his booth at the back of the room. Smiles, laughs and sounds of conversations come from the booths and tables that fill the dimly light, yet sparkling clean Raspberry Rhythm Café and Bar.

Suddenly, there’s a man’s loud voice at the bar. You can’t make out what he’s said but you can hear the agitation in his voice as it has disrupted your enjoyment of the club’s atmosphere. Within moment a stern, squared shouldered man walks from behind the kitchen counter and strides up to the man.

I couldn’t hear the conversation between the two, but in the short time I’ve known owner Dave Berry, I can imagine what was said.
Dave, lifting a hand onto the man’s shoulder, looking up to stare the man straight in his eyes; “You have to leave.”
Man, stunned, stammers: “But Dave, you know me. I didn’t mean nothing!”
Dave, softens his voice. “You have to leave, either I call you a cab or one of your friends needs to drive you home.”
Man, “But, Dave….”
Dave, “No buts, you’re leaving. I don’t want you disrupting my customers and I don’t want you getting yourself in trouble.”
Man, “But Dave, I haven’t had that much to drink!?”
Dave, removes his hand off the man’s muscular arm, and places both his hands onto his own hips. “How’s it going to be?”
Man, “ahh, Dave.... Okay, I’ll get my friend to drive me home.”

Smiles return to the faces of the patrons when the man stands-up quietly and a friend of his joins him to leave.

No one in the place is holding bad feelings toward the man that just left. We’ve all been there at one time of another. Yet, you can see the relief on all our faces because of what Dave did. He handled it.

I have no doubt the man returned to the club the next night. I have no doubt he walked up to Dave, or Dave to him. I know they shook hands, smiling to each other. A manly apology and acceptance was exchanged.

That’s because, that’s how Dave Berry rolls.  “Don’t expect no trouble, don’t except no trouble.”

Dave Berry is a man that’s as tough as a rhino, but has a heart as big as one too. He’s POSITIVELY FLINT.

Raspberries Rhythm Cafe & Bar. Downtown, FLINT, Michigan -- It's been a vision of owner David Berry for 15 years. A nice place where you can go for relaxing conversation, good food and relaxing, yet sometimes heart-pumping, jazz and blues!
• Where: 448 S. Saginaw St. in downtown Flint.
• Planned hours: 5 p.m.-2 a.m. Thursdays through Sundays.
• Contact: (810) 766-9446.


Carriage Town Media Social Media Management Starting @ $50.00 per Month. We don't control your site, we just improve it! We can post on all your social media sites! Let us post the information that your customers/friends need to know! Timely and Correctly! This months special: We can TOTALLY run your sites! $150.00 per month! LEARN MORE, CLICK HERE! . https://sites.google.com/site/carragetownmedia/ Email: ctmediaflint@gmail.com